In this episode, Jim & Tyson interview Andrew Stickel, owner of Social Firestarter, a marketing agency that works primarily with lawyers. Listen as they discuss different ways to market your law firm and how to differentiate from other law firms.
- Andrew’s presentation
- The beginnings of his digital marketing agency for lawyers
- Wanted to start a new company that actually made a difference for lawyers
- Had a lot of lawyer contacts
- The value of niching down and just specializing on working with lawyers
- You get really good on 1 area: “Jack of all trades, master of none”
- “All of our clients benefit from all our other clients”
- Marketing for lawyers vs other professional services
- Most businesses in the world can create offers that are obvious: “2×1”
- You got to position yourself to be perceived as the expert
- Lawyers who advertise like crazy get more clients that good lawyers
- Be different from every other lawyer out there
- De-commoditize yourself
- Get perceived as an expert
- Becoming an expert in law firm marketing
- Provide a ton of value for lawyers
- Went on camera and talk about topics that lawyers would find interesting about how to market a law firm
- Andrew’s presentation
- Marketing to law firms
- Social media
- Questions people have, most common problems
- Content to help people solve small problems
- Become the authority
- Ways to differentiate your law firm
- Facebook ads
- Target the exact kind of people you are looking for
- Facebook pixel
- Solution style ads, answers to questions
- Getting granular
- The next level of marketing
- Don’t get in your head, just do it
- Educate yourself on how things work; facebook ads, groups, pages, etc.
- Free training that shows this branding strategy at https://lawyermasterclass.com/webinar-registration
- People should stop doing immediately
- Relying on 1 source of leads
- SEO is getting more competitive
- Start doing what other people aren’t doing
- Best lawyers are the ones who are open to trying new things and understand that marketing is always evolving
- The future:
- It’s all about value
- Mailing lists
- The difference between high production videos vs iphone videos
- Done is better than perfect
Jim’s hack: Open new Google doc files just typing in docs.new in your browser. Also slides.new or sheets.new
Andrew’s hack: A facebook hack: If you are running facebook ads, if you are a personal injury attorney or a criminal defense attorney, when targeting people, select an actual physical location. For example if you are a personal injury attorney, type in all the hospitals in the area that you serve.
Tyson’s tip: Go to Andy’s Youtube channel. Look at how he names his videos. Look at the art in the videos. Pretty incredible.
Do you want to get on the show? Shoot us an email or message us!
The Maximum Lawyer Podcast. Partner up, and maximize your firm.