10 Things Lawyers or Law Firms Do That Prevent The Closing Of Sales ML105
In this episode, Jim and Tyson will check in on what’s going on with both of their practices, talk about MAXLAWCON and go over the Sales Prevention Department List; 10 things lawyers and law firms do that prevent the closing of sales.
First, Jim and Tyson will discuss about case management and catch up meetings, Tyson will go over the importance of synergies in a partnership and then they both will go over the difference between own generated leads and referrals of Personal Injury Attorneys.
Also, they will go over next year’s conference. Lessons learned and a lot of improvements! It’s going to be awesome!
And then, our topic; The list of The Sales Prevention Department:
1. Not having a live and empathetic person answering the phone.
2. Not returning calls or taking too long to call a lead.
“When you think about all the money that you spend to get the phone to ring, to not maximize what happens after when the phone rings it’s just waste of money.”
3. Having a slow sales process.
“They never love you as much as they do on the day that they sign you”.
“If you can stop them from looking for other attorneys, then you have done 90% of the battle. Get them to sign the contract”
4. Being too salesy AKA too much “whiskers”.
5. Brand and generic marketing.
6. Not having the knowledge base for the types of cases you’re advertising for.
7. Not following up on clients after an initial phone call.
8. Hiding the ball or over promising; being disingenuous.
9. Not being crystal clear on what it is that you do: NO REFERRALS.
10. Being afraid of walking away from the table.
Please give us a shout out in the ABA JOURNAL’S ranking of podcasts!
Hacking’s hack: No external information until 11am!
Tyson’s tip: Talk to every person as if you never gonna talk to them again.
Do you want to get on the show? Shoot us an email or message us!
The Maximum Lawyer Podcast. Partner up, and maximize your firm.